Copy Email addresses to Outlook Express

  1. #1
    Lon
    Guest

    Copy Email addresses to Outlook Express

    I have a list of email addresses in an Excel column that I would like to
    copy into Outlook Express. Is there a way to do this?

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Copy Email addresses to Outlook Express

    Hi Lon,
    Backup your Windows Address Book before doing anything (*.WAB)
    Same file (.WAB) is used by both Outlook Express and by Outlook.

    You will need one extra column of data in your Excel file, because the WAB
    when using Import of a CSV file requires an ending comma.

    Export from your WAB so that you can get the format of the column headings then
    you can import them back in with your new data or maybe just import the new
    data in the correct format -- but that's why the backup is important.

    In your address book under File you will see import and export and you want
    that to be Test File (csv - Comma Separated Values) so you can make changes.

    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    Lon
    Guest

    Re: Copy Email addresses to Outlook Express

    Thanks David. That worked like a charm.

    news:uicRHF%[email protected]...