INSTEAD OF FORMULA SAYING TRUE OR FALSE I WANT IT TO SAY something

  1. #1
    GG
    Guest

    INSTEAD OF FORMULA SAYING TRUE OR FALSE I WANT IT TO SAY something

    I want to put a formula in a cell subtracting two dates and if the days or
    greater than 11 I want it to say "problem" instead of true or false. Is
    this possible

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    true or false

    =if(date1-date2<0,"word1","word2")

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: INSTEAD OF FORMULA SAYING TRUE OR FALSE I WANT IT TO SAY something

    One way:

    =IF(B1-A1>11,"problem", "no problem")

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: INSTEAD OF FORMULA SAYING TRUE OR FALSE I WANT IT TO SAY something

    =if(abs(b1-a1)>11,"Problem",b1-a1)

    or

    =if(abs(b1-a1)>11,"Problem","OK")

    Tom Ogilvy