Automatic Calculation

  1. #1
    East Greenbush, NY

    Question Automatic Calculation

    Is there a way to turn off automatic calculation for just one workbook?

    I believe the default behavior turns auto calc off for all workbooks.

    TIA!

    Heather Linsk
    h l i n s k @ g m a i l . c o m

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Automatic Calculation

    Hi

    If you save a workbook with Manual Calc, Excel will remember it. But whether
    the Excel session is set to Manual or Automatic is determined by the first
    book you open.

    Andy.

    "peacelittleone"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Automatic Calculation

    It's an application setting. You could have just one workbook open, though????

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Automatic Calculation

    To the best of my knowledge there is not.

    In a controlled setting, you might turn it off for the application, then
    use the selectionchange event in all the other workbooks to trigger a
    calculation of that workbook.

    Chip Pearson's page on events
    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    East Greenbush, NY

    Thumbs up

    Thank you all for your responses.

    Unfortunately, I usually have 3-5 workbooks open at the same time and there is only one where I want to have auto calc off.