Default view when opening excel files

  1. #1
    hello
    Guest

    How do I change the default view (to "details", ordered by date modified,
    most recent date at the top) in Excel 2000?

    Thank you!

  2. #2

    Re: Default view when opening excel files

    Record a macro when you do data|filter|showall (to show the details).
    Then continue recording when you sort your data the way you want.

    Now name that macro
    Sub Auto_Open()

    It'll run each time you open the workbook (well, with macros enabled that is).

    (Ps. Is that what you meant by details?)