Summing across several worksheets

  1. #1
    Al
    Guest

    Summing across several worksheets

    My workbook contains several worksheets, say 20, each relating to the hours
    of a specific department within my company. I want to total the hours across
    all worksheets, i.e. sheet!D,cell D34 + sheet!E, cell D34 + sheet!F, cell
    D34........etc. (There may be up to 400 such mini-totals that I need in my
    "totals" worksheet.)

    Anyone have any good ideas how to do this other than simply adding the
    cells...is there a function/macro that'll do this?

    Allan

  2. #2
    ewan7279
    Guest

    RE: Summing across several worksheets

    Hi Al,

    You enter the formula =SUM('first sheet name:last sheet name'!A1) to get the
    sum of all sheets in between the first and last in your workbook.

    Ewan.

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest