Excel slow to open

  1. #1
    Alan Moseley
    Guest

    Excel slow to open

    Hi

    I have a problem with one PC that excel starts very slowly on. I have
    checked the startup folder, which is empty. I can run Excel normally when
    you run it in Excel safe mode. I have renamed the .xlb and .pip files but
    all to no avail. The problem occurred when I switched off what used to be
    one of our fileservers. When I switched it back on again the problem
    dissappeared. The trouble is is that I need to reformat this server so it is
    going to have to go off permanently at some point.

    Any ideas?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Alan Moseley
    Guest

    RE: Excel slow to open

    Managed to solve this one, the working folder was pointing at the old server.