vlookup-reate a vlookup formula?

  1. #1
    Pam C
    Guest

    vlookup-reate a vlookup formula?

    I have information from another source and it is downloaded into excel every
    week, In my Employee excel spreadsheet, I have emp that have pay grades,
    increment steps and salary that goes with that step. On my evaluation form I
    want excel to look at what the employee increment step is now - change it to
    the next increment step and replace the salary with the new salary that goes
    with that increment step. I want to know the best way to do this. Should I
    have a source sheet with Increment in one cell - Salary in another cell and
    then create a vlookup formula? The only problem I have is getting excel to
    know to change the increment step. Thanks,

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    re: vlookup-reate a vlookup formula?

    If increment steps were identified by column headings, then given current
    increment step, move to next column; but as you say, you need to record
    current increment somewhere. How is the data organised - can you post an
    example?