Pivot Table Filter

  1. #1
    Lisa
    Guest

    Pivot Table Filter

    Excel 2003 shows a filter arrow on data rows, to select/deselect single items.
    Can I apply custom settings as you can on Autofilter?
    I want to show data only of product codes containing "FG" not for all
    product codes.
    I can't use the Page Field as I have many product codes that inclued "FG" as
    part of the product code, and this only allows one at a time, I want to see
    all those containing "FG"

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor Portuga's Avatar
    Portugal
    MS-Off Ver
    Hi Lisa,

    you can indeed use the page field.

    Drag the product codes to the Page Field. Leave "all" selected

    1- right click on top of product code bar.
    2 - Select "Field Settings": at the botton you have the option to Hide items.
    3- Just select the ones that DONT contain FG on it.
    4- Eureka!

  3. #3
    Bean123r
    Guest

    RE: Pivot Table Filter

    You could add a helper column to your source data that will indicate if the
    product code contains "fg".

    If A1 contains product codes i.e.:
    123FG
    FG123
    1FG23
    123

    Add the formula =if(isnumber(search("fg",a1)),"yes","no") to the cell beside
    your product code and copy down.

    Your table will look like this
    123FG yes
    FG123 yes
    1FG23 yes
    123 no

    If you include both columns in your pivot, then you can filter for the "yeses"