How can I sum certain entries in a column by reference letters

  1. #1
    Phil
    Guest

    How can I sum certain entries in a column by reference letters

    I'm trying to sum certain entries in a column by a reference letter in
    another column. For instance trying to get a total of all the "A" entries all
    the "B" entries, and so on, in a single cell?? Please Help...??

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: How can I sum certain entries in a column by reference letters

    Hi

    Have a look at SUMIF(). There are other alternatives but that is the
    simplest - if it does what you want.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: How can I sum certain entries in a column by reference letters

    If you have lots of different "entries", then you might want to consider the
    Data > SubTotals feature..........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3