Generating Random Number from a set of numbers

  1. #1
    CalsLib
    Guest

    Generating Random Number from a set of numbers

    Hello,

    I need to generate a set of 12 random numbers from given numbers 1--24 and I
    only want to generate 12 even numbers. Any idea as to how I do this?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by CalsLib
    Hello,

    I need to generate a set of 12 random numbers from given numbers 1--24 and I
    only want to generate 12 even numbers. Any idea as to how I do this?

    thanks

    Is RANDBETWEEN(1,12)*2 what you want?

  3. #3
    CalsLib
    Guest

    Re: Generating Random Number from a set of numbers

    Yeah, I think it will work; however, is there a way to use Tools > Data
    Analysis > random number generation to do the same thing?

    But, yes, that's great, thanks.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Not that I know of.