How to prevent users from changing cell format

  1. #1
    Tetsuya Oguma
    Guest

    How to prevent users from changing cell format

    Hi all,

    I turn on protection on Worksheet with only Select unlocked Cells enabled.

    When I drag a cell and drop it onto somewhere else by positioning cursor
    right on the border it pastes the orignial cell's format (e.g., border and
    background colour) to the new destination. Moreover, the original cell was
    left with white background...

    How can I prevent this from happening? I don't think we can with Protection
    option... Or, do it via macro?

    Thanks in advance.
    ---
    Tetsuya Singapore

  2. #2
    ewan7279
    Guest

    RE: How to prevent users from changing cell format

    Hi Tetsuya,

    When you drag an entire cell to a new destination, that is exactly what you
    are doing - formats and all. If you only want the value /formula to move
    without the format, do Copy => Paste Special => then select
    values/formula/comments.

    Ewan.