How can i copy and paste data when there is a filter in the worksheet....

  1. #1

    How can i copy and paste data when there is a filter in the worksheet....

    How can i copy and paste data when there is a filter in the worksheet....
    when i am pasting the data the Excel is not pasting that in his right place...
    Note :when there is a Filter in the worksheet

  2. #2

    Re: How can i copy and paste data when there is a filter in theworksheet....

    If you show all the data, you'll see that the paste put all the copied cells in
    a nice contiguous area--it didn't just put the data in the visible rows.

    One work around is to sort your data first--put all the cells that should be
    pasted into a nice contiguous area--then paste and then resort your data the way
    you like.

  3. #3

    How can i paste data within Filter

    Hi,

    I am not understanding this method please tell more about this so that i can paste the data within the Filter.....

    Thanks

  4. #4

    Re: How can i copy and paste data when there is a filter in theworksheet....

    Show all the data--no hidden rows
    sort your data so that your area to be pasted is in one contiguous area
    paste your data
    resort your data

  5. #5

    Still Confused

    C D E
    Hi,

    I am still confuse with this... i am explaining my problem by the following example:

    9 Dalip Dalip Singh
    12 Dalip Dalip Kumar
    16 Singh Dalip Aryan

    Now I want to paste All the Data that contains Dalip in the Coulmn E to Coulmn C.

    Note: i have to use Filter for this... how can i paste the same data when there is a filter in Worksheet....

    Thanks

  6. #6

    Re: How can i copy and paste data when there is a filter in theworksheet....

    Pasting won't work like that. It has to be one contiguous area--one area with
    nothing in between.

    Sort your data to put all the Dalips in one spot. Then you can paste into that
    area.