Cemetery birth and death date sort

  1. #1
    Lorene Schertzl
    Guest

    Cemetery birth and death date sort

    I am transcribing a cemetery and want to be able to sort by birth and death
    date. Right now a have all dates entered as yyyy-mm-dd.eventually this will
    be posted on line for geologists. It would be much better if it were in the
    format of day, month,year (28-Apr 1893). I have downloaded the xDate add in
    for Excel dates before 1900 (hope I installed it correctly). Running Excel
    2002

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Cemetery birth and death date sort

    In order to sort properly, the date must be stored as year/month/day. However,
    that should not stop you from displaying it in whatever format you choose. I'm
    not familiar with the xDate add-in, though.

    If you still can't get the format you want, post again with xDate in the subject
    to alert the specialized users that could help you.

    Also, hopefully your online posts will help genealogists as well.

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...