Converting 2-place decimal value to floating point decimal number with leading zero

  1. #1
    Kermit Piper
    Guest

    Converting 2-place decimal value to floating point decimal number with leading zero

    Hello,

    I thought this would be simple, but, what I'm trying to do is take a
    column of numbers like this:
    7.25
    7.00
    8.25
    7.75

    and convert them to this:
    0.0725
    0.0700
    0.0825
    0.0775

    I am using Excel 2000 and have gone through all the format options but
    can't find anything that will do the trick. If someone could show me
    how to do this it would ge greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    KP

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Converting 2-place decimal value to floating point decimal number with leading zero

    Hi!

    Try this:

    This will convert then in-place.

    In an empty cell enter 100.

    Now select that cell and do Edit>Copy.

    Select the range of cells you want converted.

    Then Edit>Paste Special>Divide>OK

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    R..VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Converting 2-place decimal value to floating point decimal number with leading zero

    7.25/100=.0725
    do this in another column and delete the earlier column

  4. #4
    Kermit Piper
    Guest

    Re: Converting 2-place decimal value to floating point decimal number with leading zero

    Thanks all, great suggestions..and they work!!!