Multiple Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    cox ng \(1\)
    Guest

    Multiple Conditional Formatting

    I have an annual report spreadsheet comprised of 15 rows (1 - 15) and 6
    columns (A - F).

    Column headings are "A = Name", "B = Date", "C = Wage", "D = Raise", "E = %
    Recent", "F = % Total

    In columns "A", "B" and "D" I manually add names or numbers as needed.
    Columns "C" "E" and "F" are formulas based on values in "B" and "D". The
    names in "A" remain constant, never requiring change. Rows are filled in
    starting with dates in "B", with the most current raise in "D" reflecting
    the date of the raise. For example, rows 1 through 9 might be filled in
    with all past raises and dates; ending in row 9 with the most current raise
    and date. Rows 10 through 15 would be presently blank. I highlight in
    yellow the blank future cells in columns "B" and "D" by a conditional format
    "formula is = ISBLANK(B9)". Current and past date rows have numbers but no
    highlighted colors.

    I wish to highlight in green the current year numbers in columns "B" and
    "D", which will always be a cell above the first yellow blank cell, and a
    cell below last years non-highlighted numbered cell. Each year as I add new
    annual numbers to column "B" and "D", the previous green cells would change
    from green to no highlight and the previous yellow blank cell would change
    to a green highlight. This will always leave multiple non-highlighted
    cells, multiple yellow highlighted cells, and one green highlighted cell.

    What would condition #2 be in the conditional format formula to give me the
    green cells while leaving the appropriate yellow cells and non-highlighted
    cells?

    Thank you for your time and help.

    Regards,

    Gary

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Multiple Conditional Formatting

    Probably something like:

    =YEAR($B9)=YEAR(TODAY())

    and format as green.You can use the format painter to apply this to
    other cells.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    cox ng \(1\)
    Guest

    Re: Multiple Conditional Formatting

    This worked very well. Thank you for your time and expertise.

    Regards,
    Gary

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Multiple Conditional Formatting

    Glad it worked - thanks for feeding back.

    Pete