Need to separate large verticle data set into columns with 50 entries

  1. #1

    Need to separate large verticle data set into columns with 50 entries

    Hopefully someone can help me with this.

    I have a large data set (2500 entries) in two verticle columns,

    i.e.

    x value1, y value1

    x value2, y value2

    . .
    . .

    xvalue2500, y value2500

    I need to tabulate this data set for printing, i.e. 14 columns with 50 entries in each on each page. This is incredibly painstaking to do manually.

    Does anyone know if there is a function to do this for me? I want something to cut the data set into groups of fifty and align them side by set.

    Any ideas?

    Help will be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Need to separate large verticle data set into columns with 50 entries

    Hi cathalog

    See
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Need to separate large verticle data set into columns with 50 entries

    One way:

    C1: =INDEX($A:$B,INT((COLUMN()-1)/2)*50+ROW(),2-MOD(COLUMN(),2))

    Copy C1 to C1:CV50

    Copy over to In article
    <[email protected]>,
    cathalog <[email protected]>

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Need to separate large verticle data set into columns with 50 entries

    Hi

    take a look at David McRitchie's SnakeCol

  5. #5
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Need to separate large verticle data set into columns with 50 entries

    You can paste into Word and use Format | Columns
    -or -
    David McRitchie has some vba code to experiment with in Excel...
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm
    -or -
    buy a commercial application.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "cathalog" wrote in message...
    Hopefully someone can help me with this.
    I have a large data set (2500 entries) in two vertical columns,
    i.e.

    x value1, y value1

    x value2, y value2 .

  6. #6
    Thanks for the prompt reply guys. Very much appreciated...

    Cathal