How to insert line of text on other worksheet depending upon result in a cell?

  1. #1
    Pheasant Plucker®
    Guest

    How to insert line of text on other worksheet depending upon result in a cell?

    Hi there,

    I have asked this question before but was hoping I might be able to achieve
    this by using a formula without a macro being involved!

    I have a spreadsheet made up of 5 worksheets and I would like to insert a
    line of text on the worksheet called Percentages if a specific condition is
    met on another worksheet called Other.

    For example on Other I currently have a Data Validation box in E34 where I
    can choose Y, N or N/A and depending upon the result enters a 1 in the
    adjacent cell F34 or leaves it blank.

    That current formula on Other is =IF(E34="Y",1,"") which works as expected.

    I would however like to insert a line of text 'Training Issue' into the
    Percentages worksheet at say I41 if Y is selected in Other E34

    I have tried entering the following formula in Percentages I41 but it
    doesn't work - obviously my logic is flawed.

    =IF(Other!E34=0,"",(IF(Other!E34=Y,"Training Issue"))

    That is the best I can come up with and it is obviously wrong so can some
    kind soul help please?

    --
    Thanks in advance & regards,
    -=pp=-

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,475
    =IF(Other!E34=0,"",IF(Other!E34="Y","Training Issue",""))

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: How to insert line of text on other worksheet depending upon result in a cell?

    Hi

    Try this:
    =IF(Other!E34="Y","Training Issue","")

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Pheasant Plucker®
    Guest

    Re: How to insert line of text on other worksheet depending upon result in a cell?

    Thanks guys...works a treat!

    At the risk of embarrassing myself when I tried either of them they wouldn't
    work at first...

    Only later did I discover that the font was set to white - the result was
    there all the time but I just couldn't see it!

    Thanks & regards,
    -=pp=-