Add-in Password

  1. #1
    Adept
    Guest

    Add-in Password

    I hope repeating a query doesn't violate some newsgroup rule, but I didn't
    get any
    useful answers (Only 1 that seemed factious).

    I downloaded (?) the Report Add-in from the CD, if that makes a difference.
    The Pop-up box asks for the +ACI-VBAProject Password+ACI-

    The same thing happens with Internet+AF8-Assistant and the AnalysisPack

    I have just added the Report Add-in for Excel2000 (I know, I'm a dinosaur+ADs-
    but it works for me). I'm guessing the same problem applies in Excel2003.
    When I click on 'VBAProjects(report.xla)', it asks for a password.

    Nothing in my Excel system is password protected. Of course, I didn't assign
    a password when I installed the add-in.

    I'm guessing there is a 'secret' initial password, but I don't know it. I
    tried using my registration info, but the whole 20 number code (without
    '-') didn't work.

    Any ideas?

    --

    Flailing away with a stick at a hornets' nest while loudly proclaiming
    'I will stay the course'

  2. #2

    Re: Add-in Password

    I don't use Report.xla, but many of the addins are password protected because
    the authors don't want you to see the code.

    It's a way of protecting their intellectual property.