#Value! Error when Concatenating

  1. #1
    LymaBeane
    Guest

    #Value! Error when Concatenating

    I am trying to concatenate two fields together. They are both
    numerical fields. I have never had a problem but for some reason some
    will
    work but most give me the #Value! error. I am using the 2003 version
    of Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? There are no
    formulas in these two cells.

    I tried +C13&D14 and I also tried =concatenate(C13,D14) and even
    =concatenate(C13&D14) but I keep getting the #Value! error.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: #Value! Error when Concatenating

    Lyma,

    Did you try
    =C13&D14
    ?
    What are in C13 and D14? Formulas?

    Beege

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    LymaBeane
    Guest

    Re: #Value! Error when Concatenating

    both are numerical fields. Yes I tried the = c13&D14. On some it
    works but most it brings back a #Value! error. There are no formulas
    in these two fields I am trying to concatenate.

  4. #4
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: #Value! Error when Concatenating

    Lyma

    Try using Tools/Formula Auditing/Evaluate formula

    I might reveal to you what is happening...

  5. #5
    LymaBeane
    Guest

    Re: #Value! Error when Concatenating

    I just now tried that but all it shows is the cell I am using
    underlined, it doesn't show what the problem is. This is driving me
    nuts.

  6. #6
    LymaBeane
    Guest

    Re: #Value! Error when Concatenating

    When I did the evaluate formula, I notice on the correct one, it shows
    the field in quotes. On the one that gives me the error it shows it
    without quotes even though the actual numbers don't show quotes. I
    notice if I put an apostrophe in front of the number, the concatenation
    works. Are you supposed to always do that with numbers? I never had
    to before. Just wondering if it is a weird glitch or something.

  7. #7
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: #Value! Error when Concatenating

    Check your other post in worksheet.functions

    Tools/Options/Transition
    Uncheck Trasition Formula evaluation

  8. #8
    LymaBeane
    Guest

    Re: #Value! Error when Concatenating

    There were no other replies in my other post. But yours worked.
    Thanks so much!!

  9. #9

    #Value! Error when Concatenating

    Beege,

    Thank you so much for the tip - unchecking Transition Formula evaluation. I have looked everywhere to get rid of the #value...

    Thanks again.
    Vwyatt

  10. #10
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: #Value! Error when Concatenating

    Thank You Very much Beege. It was helpful.

    Regards
    Rajneesh