Deleting Unique Rows

  1. #1
    MWS
    Guest

    Deleting Unique Rows

    Hello, I have the following code, to delete blank rows in a worksheet, from
    imported data.

    'Deletes blank lines, for advance filterring
    [a1:a50000].SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

    Instead of using the above code, is there a way to delete non-blank rows in
    the same range, which meet a certain criteria? For instance, delete all the
    rows within range a1:a50000, if the value of a row contains the text "Sub
    Total"?

    I need to keep the range large, but am trying to expedite the process.

    Any and All help Is Appreciated - Thank You

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Deleting Unique Rows

    You could use advanced filter with the criteria

    Header
    ="<>Sub Total"

    (replace header with the name of the header) or leave blank and use

    =ISERROR(SEARCH("Sub Total",A4))

    where A4 is the first cell with data in your range

    copy to another location will copy everything but those rows to a new range

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...