Unable to access the Office Online Web site in Office 2003, Excel

  1. #1
    Marcy S
    Guest

    Unable to access the Office Online Web site in Office 2003, Excel

    I tried to post my message a few minutes ago and immediately after I clicked
    on "Post" I had to sign in and then my subject came up again -- with the
    mesage block blank. So hope I am not posting twice, but will start all over
    again.

    I am able to access the Office Online Web site in all of my programs with
    the exception of Excel. I searched the knowledge base and located Article
    907437 which is an exact descriptioin of my problem - "You receive an "Unable
    to open <URL> message when you try to access the Office Online Web site in an
    Office 2003 program - cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server"

    I followed the instructions provided in Resolution and modified the Registry
    Editor, following item 5 since the OfficeOnTheWeb registry value was not
    present. After adding it, I restarted my computer. However, nothing
    changed. I would like to uninstall/reinstall Office to see if that will solve
    the problem. However, am afraid to do so because I purchased my version of
    Office 3.0 under Microsoft's Home Use Program. It is a legitimate, registered
    version, my concern is violating the stipulation which states that it can
    only be installed and used on one computer. I don't want risk losing the
    entire Office 2003 suite.

    I also need to find out whether I could remove Office 2003 from my present
    PC and reinstall on a new one which I plan to purchase one of these days.
    Have been unsuccessful in locating any FAQs for software purchased under this
    program.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Unable to access the Office Online Web site in Office 2003, Excel

    If you bought Office you can install it as many times you want on the same
    computer, however
    reinstalling Office almost certainly not help you anyway. I have everything
    excel/online turned off on my computers because I find it annoying and help
    takes forever to use. Probably better to post here and wait if someone else
    use the same and knows something about it. Don't uninstall office, unless
    you go into the registry and delete every little string referncing office
    the settings are saved and reinstalling won't make any difference.

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3