Multi-Sheet Pivot Table Too Large

  1. #1
    Jack
    Guest

    Multi-Sheet Pivot Table Too Large

    I've somehow made the mistake of creating a 350Mb Excel workbook with about
    20 worksheets that each have pivot tables that each are using the same data.
    Unfortunately, every time I created each new pivot I said "NO" to the
    question that popped up as follows, "Your new report will use less memory if
    you base it on your existing report [_______], which was created from the
    same source data. Do you want your new report to be based on the same data
    as your existing report? If you click Yes, you will save memory and your
    workbook file will be smaller. If you click No, the two reports will be
    separate."

    Does anyone know how to go back and make the pivots based on existing
    reports? I hope I don't have to recreate all the pivots!

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    If no-one has a better suggestion try the following.
    On the second pivot table go to the pivot table wizard and use the 'back' button to get to the 'step 1 of 3' window. Select the radio button for get data "from another pivot table" and select the first pivot table as the data source.

    Do it another 18 times :-(

    regards..

  3. #3
    Jack