Printing Multiple Copies??

  1. #1
    Alex Clark
    Guest

    Printing Multiple Copies??

    Hi All,

    (Running Office 2003 on XP Pro workstations, SBS 2003 server, Active
    Directory domain).

    I've noticed that if you tell Excel to print multiple copies of a workbook,
    it sends the same document to the printer multiple times - i.e., for 3
    copies of "MyWorkbook1.xls", I get 3 entries in the print queue for that
    same document.

    If I do the same in MS Word, it just sends the document once with a copy
    count of 3. This makes printing Excel documents frustratingly slow, as the
    printer goes through initialisation routines each time a new document is
    sent to it.

    Why did MS do it this way? Is it a bug?

    Thanks,
    Alex Clark

  2. #2

    Re: Printing Multiple Copies??

    I don't work for MS. But my guess is that there were (at least) two different
    groups that developed the print routines.

    One chose one technique. The other didn't.

    You may want to look at the printer. Some printers can be set to print multiple
    copies (toggling some setting on the printer??).