Please help me

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    mumbai
    MS-Off Ver
    2003,2007

    Please help me

    Hi,

    I would like to know is there any function in excel which would take the pointer to Cell L if I hit enter anywhere in row.

    For example, say I am on Cell A1 , now if I hit enter the pointer should go to
    L1 and so on.

    Thanks in advance.
    thank you

  2. #2
    chillihawk
    Guest

    Re: Please help me

    There isn't but you could write one:

    Public Sub gotoL()

    Dim lRow As Long

    lRow = ActiveCell.Row

    ActiveSheet.Range("L" & CStr(lRow)).Select

    End Sub

    Assign a key combination to it using the Macro dialog. I did
    CTRL+SHIFT+L and whenever you want to navigate to column L just hit
    your shortcut.

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Please help me

    I forgot to request that you use MEANINGFUL subject lines in the future. The
    archives would appreciate it.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Please help me

    right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>change ,5 to column desired>save

    If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub
    Target.Offset(, 5).Select

  5. #5
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: Please help me

    This can be done with the Worksheet_SelectionChange event macro:

    Cells(Target.Row, "L").Select
    End Sub

    To install:
    Right click the sheet tab. Choose View Code.
    Paste the above code.

    HTH
    Kostis Vezerides

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Please help me

    I think OP wants to put something in the cell before moving the cursor.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...