Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Hide zero totals in pivot table report

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    les8
    Guest

    Hide zero totals in pivot table report

    I have a file that I am importing that has warehouses across the top and the
    inventory items down the side. Not every warehouse has every item. When I
    try to do a pivot table on the warehouse (part number in row area) I get
    EVERY inventory item, even those with zero values. Is there any way,
    excluding macros, to have the rows where the total inventory for that part
    number is zero not display? Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    les8
    Guest

    RE: Hide zero totals in pivot table report

    Note: I am using Excel 2002 - SP3

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    This should work..
    assume Col A is product, Col B is qty, Col C is labelled "display?" and rows 2 to 5 contain data
    C2 contains a value calculated by the formula..
    =IF(SUMIF($A$2:$A$5,A3,$B$2:$B$5)=0,"hide","show")
    copy formula into c3 to c5.

    In the pivot table put the "display" column in page and select only "show". If you are using 'get external data' the formula can be auto-added by the refresh.

    regards...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    correction
    cell c2 ... =IF(SUMIF($A$2:$A$5,A2,$B$2:$B$5)=0,"hide","show")

Closed Thread