Protection

  1. #1

    Protection

    Is it possible to apply two levels of protection within a spreadsheet?

    I will maintain overall protection/ownership of the sheet and be able to update all cells and data. I want to leave a number of cells open for anyone to update (which I know how to do), however I want one column only open to myself and one other user. I want that user to have their own password to the cells in that column, but maintain security with an overall password for myself.

    Help!- is this possible?

    Thanks

    HDV

  2. #2

    Re: Protection

    xl2002+ has this type of granular protection.

    But before that, you'd be on your own (a macro???)

    And remember that worksheet protection is easily broken--it might not be worth
    the effort.