getting an excel file to run as an executable

  1. #1
    excellenze
    Guest

    getting an excel file to run as an executable

    Hi there,

    I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to turn an excel file into another type
    of file that launches and enables the users to enter data (that does not need
    to be saved) that will be manipulated by formulas into specific cells. The
    idea is that this file will not launch the excel application so users won't
    see the toolbars and will not be able to edit anything but specific cells.
    The idea is too create a stand alone tool that utilizes some of the
    functionality of excel without looking like excel or running in it.

    I hope that makes sense. Any help will be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: getting an excel file to run as an executable

    Excel cannont be transformed into an EXE file, but you could link the
    spreadsheet to an Access MDB file and then, using the Developers edition of
    the Access application, create a runtime version. You could then have your
    users enter data into the linked workbook via an Access form.
    --
    Kevin Backmann