XIRR and negative IRRs

  1. #1
    dave in Toronto
    Guest

    XIRR and negative IRRs

    I had a series of CF's that should produce a negative IRR (uisng the XIRR
    function).
    However, the excel XIRR answer always goes to 0.00%.
    When I force to periodic payments and use IRR funciton I do get a negative
    IRR answer.

    Is this a XIRR issue?

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: XIRR and negative IRRs

    No, XIRR will quite happily produce a negative return.

    Post your data so we can help you out solving the problem.

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...