Convert seconds to minutes

  1. #1
    Suresh
    Guest

    Convert seconds to minutes

    hi all,
    I have a excel sheet in which all the values in a column are in seconds. Is
    there a way in which i can convert all the values in that particular column
    into minutes.

    Regards
    Suresh

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Convert seconds to minutes

    Divide by 86400 then format as [mm]:ss

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    (remove ^^ from email address)

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Convert seconds to minutes

    Divide by 60 and format to as many decimal places as you want.

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    Suresh
    Guest

    Re: Convert seconds to minutes

    thanks 4 u prompt reply.
    However my problem is
    EX
    Now this Column should be come converted into
    is this possible??

  5. #5
    CarlosAntenna
    Guest

    Re: Convert seconds to minutes

    Place the number 60 in a blank cell anywhere on your worksheet.
    Copy this cell, then select the cells you want to convert, right click on
    the selected range > Paste Special > divide.

    --
    Carlos