excel how do I calculate income indexed each year for 15 years

  1. #1
    zapie
    Guest

    excel how do I calculate income indexed each year for 15 years

    What Iam trying to calculate is I have income on a monthly basis say 300$ and
    it is paid monthly and each year the monthly payment is is increased by the
    rate of inflation, say 2.5% and this is over 15 years. Can anyone help>> Many
    thanks Zapie

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: excel how do I calculate income indexed each year for 15 years

    You could use compund interest calculation:

    Annual income $3600 increased by 2.5% over 15 years

    3600*(1.05)^15 (1.05 to power 15)

    Enter formula in a cell:

    =3600*POWER(1.05,15)

    or

    a1: 3600
    b1=2.5%
    c1=15 years

    in d1 put =A1*power(1+B1,C1)

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: excel how do I calculate income indexed each year for 15 years

    In my previous reply 1.05 should be 1.025 (for 2.5%).