Check Box reference name

  1. #1
    Kris in Kenya
    Guest

    Check Box reference name

    When I create a checkbox in multiple worksheets within the same document,
    excel assigns different references to it - this has as a consequence I can
    not assign the same workbook macro's (it inetract with 3 macro's) to it as it
    has another reference and I would have to write as many macro's as I have
    worksheets (30!) while in fact the function is the same - I cannot find any
    way to chanjge the excel assigned reference

  2. #2

    Re: Check Box reference name

    If you used a checkbox from the Forms toolbar, you'll be able to right click on
    each and assign the same macro to each.

  3. #3
    Kris in Kenya
    Guest

    Re: Check Box reference name

    Hi Dave, thanks but that is not the issue, of course I can assign the macro
    to any check_box - but since the macro's assigned and other macro's assigned
    to radio_buttons all use the check_box in their VBA-code the check_boxes must
    have the same reference - I did find an intermediate solution as follows:
    In one of the sheets the check_box with the highest reference had
    Check_Box_817 as a reference, I just went in all the other sheets where the
    references ranged from 255 to 628 and in each of them copy/pasted the
    original one as many times as needed to increase the reference to the same
    817 - after a lot of copy/pasting (luckily you can group the pasted boxes
    together so it goes faster) I ended up with having all my boxes having 817 as
    a reference in each sheet - after which I could use that reference in the
    macro's thus all pointing to an existing box in each sheet.

    But of course a simple editing of the reference number would be more
    convenient :-)

  4. #4

    Re: Check Box reference name

    If you select the checkbox, you can change its name by typing the new name in
    the NameBox (to the left of the FormulaBar). (Remember to hit enter.)