Excel - returning column headers in a seperate column

  1. #1
    ExcelConfused
    Guest

    Excel - returning column headers in a seperate column

    I have a large table filled with data. Each row is a named place, each
    column a named supplier - the data table corresponds to tenders. On the
    right hand side of the completed table, I have a column which picks out the
    lowest tender for each place ("Lowest Bid"). What I now want to do is create
    another column on the right of the "Lowest Bid" column to pick up the
    "Prefered Supplier". I.E. the supplier named in the title row which provided
    us with the lowest tender. I have tried this is in numerous different ways
    without success. The table is too large for me to consider doing it
    manually. Help would be very much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Excel - returning column headers in a seperate column

    Try:

    =OFFSET($A$1,0,MATCH(N2,B2:M2,0))

    Assumes Suppliers start in B1 and bid prices are in columns B to M

    N2="Lowest Bid"
    B2:M2 contain bid prices

    Put in O2 i.e. cell next to "Lowest Bid" and Copy down

    HTH