protecting macros for a protected sheet

  1. #1
    Jon
    Guest

    protecting macros for a protected sheet

    does anybody know the best way to protect macros so they cannot be
    viewed by anyone using a protected sheet.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: protecting macros for a protected sheet

    Compile them as a COM add-in.

    Macro protection is incredibly easy to bypass. Anyone with the ability
    to find these groups can find ways to get around XL's various
    protections.

  3. #3
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: protecting macros for a protected sheet

    COM add in's are completely foreign to me. I have never done that
    before. Is there some kind of a link to some "how to's" that you know
    of?

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: protecting macros for a protected sheet

    There are thousands of links you can Google. Here's one from MSDN:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...en-us/dno2k3ta
    /html/odc_OFCallVBAFromAddin.asp