Excel puts spaces after the decimal

  1. #1
    Isabel
    Guest

    Excel puts spaces after the decimal

    When I type 1.50 in any cell in any worksheet Excel displays it as 1. 50. I
    have checked the decimal points in the format number, currency etc as well as
    in Tools , options I even checked my Windows settings and re-installed Excel
    but the problem still stays. PLEASE can somebody help.

  2. #2

    Re: Excel puts spaces after the decimal

    Did you check under Tools|Autocorrect Options to see if there was something
    changing the dot to dot-space-space?

  3. #3
    Isabel
    Guest

    Re: Excel puts spaces after the decimal

    Have checked that?

  4. #4
    Isabel
    Guest

    Re: Excel puts spaces after the decimal

    I forgot to mention, If I open the workbook on any other computer on my
    network I dont have that problem, it is only on this one computer.

  5. #5

    Re: Excel puts spaces after the decimal

    Does this mean that you checked under tools|autocorrect options and didn't find
    it there?

    These autocorrect options are specific to the user--not the workbook. So it is
    consistent with your note here.

  6. #6
    Isabel
    Guest

    Re: Excel puts spaces after the decimal

    I checked again and low and behold it was the problem. Thankyou for your
    assistance.