increase one month

  1. #1

    increase one month

    Hello All,

    Is there any formula which can increase the above cell by one month.
    For example,

    The sheet looks like this,

    January
    =formula -------------> February
    =formula--------------> March
    ..
    ..
    ..
    =formula---------------> December

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: increase one month

    If you just want a list of the months then you don't need a formula at all.
    Just enter January in a cell, hover the cursor over the bottom right-hand
    corner where the fill handle is, then when the cursor changes to a black
    cross-hair, left-click and hold the button pressed while you drag down the
    column to get a list of months.

    If you want a formula then enter the "January" as a date ie 1/1/06 and then
    below it the formula =DATE(YEAR(J20),MONTH(J20)+1,1) and Custom format the
    cells as "mmmm" (without the quotations)

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: increase one month

    If January is just a text value just grab the lower right corner of the cell
    and copy down and it will increase the months, if it is a date

    =TEXT(DATE(YEAR($A$1),MONTH($A$1)+ROWS($A$1:A1),1),"mmmm")

    copy down

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

  4. #4
    Zack Barresse
    Guest

    Re: increase one month

    Hi there,

    It depends on what is in the cell as a value. If it is a date, then you can
    use something like this...

    For text:
    =TEXT(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1),"mmmm")

    For a date:
    DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)
    Which you'll need to format (select it & Ctrl + 1) it as Custom: "mmmm" (w/o
    quotes).

    Zack Barresse, aka firefytr
    To email, remove NOSPAM

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: increase one month

    "Zack Barresse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > It depends on what is in the cell as a value. If it is a date, then you
    > can use something like this...
    >
    > For text:
    > =TEXT(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1),"mmmm")

    will only work in the first cell then it will return a value error since the
    second formula will be working with text and YEAR, MONTH and DAY will throw
    an error for text

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

  6. #6
    Zack Barresse
    Guest

    Re: increase one month

    True. I should have mentioned that. Thanks Peo.

    Maybe I should have made that ...

    For text:
    =TEXT(DATE(YEAR($A$1),MONTH($A$1)+ROW(A1),1),"mmmm")

    Zack Barresse, aka firefytr
    To email, remove NOSPAM

    news:[email protected]...