Data Storage

  1. #1

    Data Storage

    Is there a way to have Excel automatically change the cell value from being a function the just being the value of the function? For example

    From:
    cell value= 1+2 :DISPLAY: 3

    To:
    cell value= 3 :DISPLAY: 3

    Or someway to store that data in another cell would be nice too. I know that you can copy the value of a function to another cell, but I want it to automatically do this that way I can write a program that will prepare itself for the next month overnight without any employees having to format the data, and rewrite it.

    ~Greg

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Data Storage

    Hi Greg,

    You can do this without a macro by copying the cells in a selection (Ctrl+C)
    then without changing the selection Edit, Paste Special, values.

    You could do the same with a macro. See ReEnterAsValues in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm
    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    I'm not to sure you understand what I'm trying to say. Although the 1st link you gave me does help a bit. I don't want to do any of this manually, it needs to be fully automatic.

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Data Storage

    You have to write the code manually first to automate it, there is nothing
    built in that will do this. If you look at the link there are instructions
    for VBA there

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com