To allow edit of particular rows and protect other rows from editi

  1. #1
    DHANRAJ
    Guest

    To allow edit of particular rows and protect other rows from editi

    I would like to protect a Excel WorkSheet and at the same time allow only
    particular rows or columns for editing or data entry. How this can be done?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Vancouver

    Formatting Cells as Unprotected

    Before turning on Sheet protection with Tools > Protection > Protect sheet

    Select the cells that you want to allow input to, and select Format > Cells > Protection and uncheck "Locked."

    Now when you do Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet, the selected cells will remain open for user input.

    Quote Originally Posted by DHANRAJ
    I would like to protect a Excel WorkSheet and at the same time allow only
    particular rows or columns for editing or data entry. How this can be done?
    Last edited by CaptainQuattro; 03-30-2006 at 01:31 AM.

  3. #3
    DHANRAJ
    Guest

    Re: To allow edit of particular rows and protect other rows from e

    Thanks Captain,
    It was a useful tip.
    dhanraj.r