Setiiing up file name & path as a default setting on all sheets/ta

  1. #1
    Paul Canal
    Guest

    Setiiing up file name & path as a default setting on all sheets/ta

    Currently I have to go down the view/header& footer/custom route for each tab
    on each worksheet.

    Is there a default setting that includes it automatically?

  2. #2

    Re: Setiiing up file name & path as a default setting on all sheets/ta

    Lots of settings can be changed all at once if you group the sheets (select the
    first and ctrl-click (or shift-click to select subsequent.

    Then when all of the sheets are grouped, try file|page setup and see if you can
    change all the settings you want.

    Make sure you ungroup the sheets when you're done--almost any change you make to
    one of the grouped sheets, you make to the others.

    ps. You may want to try it on a few grouped sheets. If it works, then group
    all of them and do it for real.

  3. #3
    Paul Canal
    Guest

    RE: Setiiing up file name & path as a default setting on all sheets/ta

    Thanks Dave, I will give that a try.

    What I am hoping to do is set a default so that whenever a spreadsheet (or
    for that matter Office) document is printed, it includes the filename and
    author without having to do it for each document, but your fix certainly
    would save time multi tabbed documents, of which sadly I have far to many!.

  4. #4

    Re: Setiiing up file name & path as a default setting on all sheets/ta

    John Walkenbach has a utility that can add the path name to the footer of the
    activesheet.

    Maybe you could modify it to do all you wanted.

    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/addpath.htm