Pivot Tables -- Auto Refresh

  1. #1
    Aastha
    Guest

    Pivot Tables -- Auto Refresh

    I looked at the submissions in the group, and the VB script solution
    didn't work for me, hence this question.

    Have a workbook in which the data is obtained from a database. This is
    stored in one worksheet called "All Data". Another worksheet has a
    pivot table which depends on the "All Data" worksheet. My problem. The
    data in the "All Data" refreshes automatically each time I open the
    workbook. However, for the refresh to work on the pivot table I have to
    manually click the "Refresh all data" button. Is there any way to get
    around that??? Please help.

    Thanks.

    Aastha

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables -- Auto Refresh

    Right click on the table, choose Table options and tick 'Refresh on open'

    If for any reason that didn't work then you could use a piece of code such
    as the following from Debra Dalgleish combined with the Workbook_Open event,
    but you shouldn't need to.

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    'Debra Dalgleish
    'gets rid of unused items in PivotTable