Want to insert Excel sheet in Word document - comes out too big.

  1. #1
    Chicago
    Guest

    Want to insert Excel sheet in Word document - comes out too big.

    I have an Excel spreadsheet that at 61% fits on a single page portrait. When
    I copy and paste it into a Word document it appears at 100% which makes it
    much too big. Also tried 'Insert File' but again it comes out full size.
    I've tried resizing, changing font size, etc. How do I get it into the Word
    document so it stays the same as it is in Excel? Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Kansas, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Paste it in as a picture (use Paste Special) and then you can easily resize it to fit your needs. Also, it does not complicate your document by inserting the entire spreadsheet, and you typically end up with a smaller document.

    Caveat, however: The picture is just that & won't update if the spreadsheet does. If that's good enough, this is usually the way to go.

    --GJC

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Want to insert Excel sheet in Word document - comes out too big.

    Select the data and hold down shift, then edit > copy as picture, paste into
    word and
    there you can resize it to fit just like resizing a regular picture

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Chicago
    Guest

    RE: Want to insert Excel sheet in Word document - comes out too big.

    You folks are absolutely amazing!!! Report ready to head out via Fedex!!
    Thanks for the terrific and fast rescue!

  5. #5
    Chicago
    Guest

    RE: Want to insert Excel sheet in Word document - comes out too big.

    Also discovered under edit > copy that I get the choice to save as is or as
    prints, the latter of which was perfect for what I needed. Again, thank you
    so much!