how do i format a cell based on format of a range of cells?

  1. #1
    Chris Hardick
    Guest

    how do i format a cell based on format of a range of cells?

    A group of 20 adjacent cells within a row are manually colour coded based
    upon status. There is a priority associated with the color(5 levels).
    I would like to change background colour of other cells within the row to
    match the highest priority colour
    I have looked at conditional formatting but it does not give ability to
    check a cells formatting, only its contents
    Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: how do i format a cell based on format of a range of cells?

    Hi Chris...........
    Five levels of conditional formatting can be attained with VBA, but one must
    still specify the criteria for the Priority Assignment.....if not the
    contents of a cell, then perhaps another column devoted to Priority.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Chris Hardick
    Guest

    RE: how do i format a cell based on format of a range of cells?

    Thanks for the response, unfortunately I have no experience of VBA.
    Can you point me at a good online resource covering the basics of VBA with
    EXCEL

    Thanks