copy formula without changing the row.

  1. #1
    Registered User
    03-31-2006
    Posts
    3

    Smile copy formula without changing the row.

    How do I copy a formula ('PR Detail'!D$14/2) to another cell that the column changes but not the row. I thought this would work. The above formula is copied down to the next cell, but the column doesn't change. Probably because the PR Detail worksheet is going across columns? Any tips to make this work? Would appreciate your suggestions.
    VWyatt

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: copy formula without changing the row.

    Hi!

    What do want to happen?

    Are you wanting to drag copy the formula down a column such that the column
    reference increments? Like this:

    ='PR Detail'!D$14/2
    ='PR Detail'!E$14/2
    ='PR Detail'!F$14/2
    ='PR Detail'!G$14/2
    etc

    Biff

    "vwyatt" <vwyatt.25jp9a_1143827400.7042@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
    message news:vwyatt.25jp9a_1143827400.7042@excelforum-nospam.com...

  3. #3
    Registered User
    03-31-2006
    Posts
    3
    Yes. The column reference should change but not the row.