Updating links

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Updating links

    We have a summary spreadsheet with hundreds of links which is emailed to a number of users. The automatic links update, and the prompt, have been disabled because of problems caused when remote users attempted to do the update.

    Other than enable the links auto update and then disable it before mailing the spreadsheet, is there another way of updating other than a manual, one-by-one approach? A macro, maybe?

    Secondly, is it possible to get an unopened sheet to update links automatically when you open another one?

    Thanks for any ideas

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Updating links

    Hi Brisbane Rob

    Why not covert the links to values in the sheet you send
    I have a option in my Add-in
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

    > Secondly, is it possible to get an unopened sheet to update links
    > automatically when you open another one?

    As far as I know No

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Thanbks - that seems to answer one of my problems.

    Still trying to figure out how to update the links in a closed workbook...