randomly selection

  1. #1
    Shea
    Guest

    randomly selection

    I need to randomly select 300 entries from a master list of 950 entries.
    Ideally I would like to choose every thrid entry. How do I undertake this
    task?

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: randomly selection

    Assuming that A2:A100 contains the data...

    For every third entry, starting from the first cell in the range:

    =INDEX($A$2:$A$100,ROWS($B$2:B2)*3-3+1)

    For every third entry, starting from the 3rd cell in the range:

    =INDEX($A$2:$A$100,ROWS($B$2:B2)*3)

    Hope this helps!