How to filter a spread sheet ?

  1. #1
    Maarten
    Guest

    How to filter a spread sheet ?

    Hi,

    From my financial package periodically Excell sheets are generated with lot of financial
    information. Unfortanely I cant make a selection from that package, so it generates all the
    information available. So, my idea was just to filter the spread sheet in order to get the
    required information.

    Therefore, on a second file I put a list of required relevant items, I want to extract from my
    spreadsheet.

    My question is, is there a simple way to do that ?

    To make it more concrete, consider the following example:

    Imagine the spreadsheet contains data for all employees in my entire company, but I am only
    interested in the employes of my own department. So, I made a text with a list of all collegues in
    my own department.

    How can I apply this file to filter the spread sheet, resulting in a new spreadsheet for my own
    department.

    Maybe the idea with a secondary file is not the most ideal way to do this. Of course, all other
    ideas are welcome !

    Thanks a lot !

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How to filter a spread sheet ?

    It's very easy to filter using
    data>autofilter>filter your department. You don't even have to make a new
    sheet.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software