i want to print labels from excel without all hassle or mail merge

  1. #1
    Regal bath
    Guest

    i want to print labels from excel without all hassle or mail merge

    I have a number of files in excel and i want to print the first 3 rows onto
    lables but do i have to go to the hassle of using word

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: i want to print labels from excel without all hassle or mail merge

    I t hink you'll find that the hassle of using Word is considerably less than
    the hassle of laying out labels in Excel. At least you can select the label
    size you wish to user is Word and it will automatically produce a table with
    the label layout necessary for that particular label. You can then use mail
    merge to retrieve the first 3 rows of data from your Excel data source.

    Just a suggestion...
    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: i want to print labels from excel without all hassle or mail merge

    hi,
    no. lables are just another print media. excel will consider each lable as 1
    "page" so you may have to play with the margins to make sure that all your
    data gets printed on 1 lable and doesn't bleed onto 2 lables.

    regards

    FSt1

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: i want to print labels from excel without all hassle or mail merge

    and with each printer and with your fonts, etc. In fact you may not
    be able to line them up. There are some Excel templates to are
    fixed. BTW, make sure that under File, Page Setup, Page
    you do not have any scaling s/b 100% and pages wide and tall
    should be empty.

    Suggest you reconsider using MS Mail as that is what Microsoft
    provides for. For specific directions see
    ---
    HTH,