Hi Frank, I had this problem and fixed it myself before reading this thread.
I just selected the cell range I wanted to keep and pasted it into a new
workbook. Using my method this reduced the file size from 2.3Mb to 29.5k.
Using the contextures method reduced to 38k. Obviously my method takes no
account of macros etc but for a simple spreadsheet it works fine. However,
the link to Contextures very interesting!

Terry (New to this forum)