How do I set up a formula with a changing range in an excel macro

  1. #1
    cinvic
    Guest

    How do I set up a formula with a changing range in an excel macro

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a formula with a changing range in an excel macro

    You need to post a bit more detail than that...

    Are you asking for a VBA formula or a formula to put into a cell?

    By changing range, do you mean the range that the formula goes into
    changes, or a range reference used as a reference in the formula changes?

    In article <[email protected]>,

  3. #3
    ruffnro
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a formula with a changing range in an excel ma

    I don't know what his question was, but I have one along the same lines.

    I am trying to write a vlookup formula where the table_array is a range name
    that can change based on other information in the same row. For example, if
    the service line in the current row is "business incentives", I want to look
    in a range name called "business_incentive". But if it is "employment tax",
    I want to look in the range name called "employment_tax".
    Business_incentives and employment_tax are ranges that are defined elsewhere
    in the workbook.

    Thanks for any help you can provide to me.