How do I remove old labels from refreshed pivot tables?

  1. #1
    PRTex
    Guest

    How do I remove old labels from refreshed pivot tables?

    I can set up pivot tables just fine, but when the data source changes and I
    refresh the pivot table I keep seeing old, deleted records in my pivot report
    drop down lists. I've checked the new data source and verified that the data
    no longer exists, but the selection is still showing in the pivot table. For
    example: my data source may have a field labeled "Items". In the initial data
    set, for Items there would be Apples, Oranges and Bananas. If I change the
    data set and delete all Banana items, leaving just Apples and Oranges, I
    still see Bananas listed as a seletion item in the refreshed pivot table. If
    I select Bananas in the pivot table I do not see any data, however I want to
    remove Bananas from the list all together. How can I refresh the pivot table
    without showing the old data?

  2. #2
    Jonathan Cooper
    Guest

    RE: How do I remove old labels from refreshed pivot tables?

    Weird. I just looked up the same problem this morning myself. I found the
    answer on Debra's site.

  3. #3
    PRTex
    Guest

    RE: How do I remove old labels from refreshed pivot tables?

    Thanks a million, JC!! The manual method Debra suggested didn't work but the
    automated method did!