How to indicate a cell has a validation list associated to it?

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    How to indicate a cell has a validation list associated to it?

    Excel 2002...I have several cells that have Validation lists associated
    within them. When I select the cell I see the indictor that there is a list
    attached. I want to know if there is a way to indicate that there is a list
    atached to all th cells without having to selct the cells....so that somone
    coming up on the spreadsheet will know just by looking which cells have lists
    associated with them.

  2. #2

    Placing controls into a worksheet

    Hi

    as far as I know, the only way to do this, without using Vba, is to place a control (a combo box) in the worksheet.
    Open the Forms toolbar, select the combo box control, place it in the desired position in the worksheet. Then you have to define the range for the list and the link cell.
    You can see this post to have an idea of the technique
    http://jldexcel.blogspot.com/2006/03...orksheets.html

    In a near future I will post about using combo boxes in worksheets w/o Vba.

  3. #3
    peabrain25
    Guest

    RE: How to indicate a cell has a validation list associated to it?

    Mike,

    A simple solution may be to just add a selection like <Select One> to your
    data validation list and have that populate the cells when the workbook is
    opened.

    Thanks,
    Mark